Cauliflower pizza crust and more...

Okay, someone has asked for more low car breakfast ideas. Before I begin posting those, I wanted to share this little gem with you. Cauliflower pizza crust is the best thing since I started my low-carb diet. By that I mean I could eat it every single day. I've used it as pizza crust, but I've also used it as toast. I'm pretty sure you can use it as taco shells by making several small circles and then draping the cooked crust over wooden spoon handles (I think I'd use low-fat cheddar for that). Whatever way you want to use it, it's really delicious.

Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup grated cauliflower (or you can use the frozen riced stuff)
1/4 cup egg beaters (or egg whites)
1/2 cup low fat mozzarella, grated
pinch of garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper

Preheat oven to 425. Mix all ingredients together, and press onto a cookie sheet that's been well sprayed with cooking spray, or lined with parchment paper, until it's very thin. Be careful not to leave any holes, but as thin as you can get it without them. Bake for around 30 minutes, or until the crust is dark brown around the edges and has brown spots all over the top. The edges might border on burned before the rest is browned, but that's okay. It's good. Trust me.

Remove from the oven and top with whatever you like. This does not require sauce at all. You can spread a little pesto if you like, but I just slice some tomato very thinly, and spread that over the top, followed by about half a cup of mozzarella, a sprinkle of shredded parm, then whatever else I have on hand. Basil leaves, chicken sausage, whatever. Bake an additional 10 minutes under the broiler or until cheese is melted.

You can have this whole thing. Yes, you read that. You get to have the ENTIRE PIZZA.

I sometimes make it as a side rather than a meal, and will make 4 small circles or squares. Top with guacamole, or just sliced avocado and egg. Or add some refried beans and salsa.

Seriously, mix it up. This stuff is good, and the cauliflower flavor does not encroach on the taste of your toppings at all. If you discover some favorite combos, please feel free to post in the comments.

Enjoy! And you're welcome. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts